26 March 2009

Binbining Pilipinas Universe 1982 Maria Isabel Lopez sees red

No, it’s not true that feisty Maria Isabel Lopez, 1982 Bb. Pilipinas-Universe, was dragged out of the Araneta Coliseum during the coronation night of this year’s Bb. Pilipinas though an angry Isabel lashed out at the beauty contest organizers. Maria Isabel is one of the most vocal, articulate and controversial celebrity figures. She was almost disqualified from representing the Philippines in the Miss Universe because she was a former Gerard Peter model. She did not win the title but Maribel went on to become a most sought after actress in the ’80s.

Maria Isabel said she has always been invited to the pageant and for the first time this year, she did not receive an invitation. She was in a quandary why her presence was not welcome at the pageant this year. She could not think of any reason except perhaps the old issue that she once posed as a Gerard Peter model.

Another beauty queen is crying foul — Sandra Seifert. Sandra was disqualified a few days before the Bb. Pilipinas finals night. “Three days before the finals, I received a letter disqualifying me because I posed for FHM. I told them I used to be a model and I did not hide the fact that I had a pictorial with the magazine,” Sandra said.

Sandra enthused that she was looking for that clause in her contract that prohibits her from posing in a men’s magazine but she could not find it. “Malungkot ako at first. Pero sabi ko, lahat ng jobs ko wholesome. The most daring I have done was when I wore a swimsuit for my pictorial in a men’s magazine. On the contrary I am not really sad because posing in men’s mags doesn’t define who you are.”

Also on the same boat as Sandra and Maria Isabel is 2007 Bb. Pilipinas-World Maggie Wilson who was also not invited to the affair. And the suspected reason, she posed for a men’s mag. But Maggie doesn’t really mind. Her reign is long over and not being invited to the pageant is no big deal to her. (philstar.com)
Get free website for your blog

No comments:

Post a Comment